When it comes to the matter of sending and receiving professional emails and making emails look standard, along with improved security measures, most individuals, businesses, and professionals make use of Microsoft Outlook. The popularity of this particular application has evolved as a result of its usability and functionality, along with the standard format of the application or software.
However, there are some errors that sometimes pop up with the application and users find it difficult to use Outlook if such errors persist. This blog focuses on addressing a specific type of Outlook error you might have come across, which is [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab]. Let’s discuss the causes, and solutions to quickly fix these errors, to continue using MS Outlook, and manage the emails efficiently.
What is the cause of [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] error code in Outlook?
This error code is one among the most frequently appearing ones for which Outlook users search options to fix. The main reason for this error is the incompatibility that happens with the Outlook software you use with your computer. This can also be due to the use of corrupted files. Here are some core reasons behind these kinds of errors.
- The current OS may not be compatible with the Outlook application.
- The Outlook application might be outdated and requires an upgrade.
- The Outlook files could be corrupted or damaged.
- There can be a misconfiguration of Outlook settings, or changes caused by the default settings.
- You might be using a pirated or third-party version of MS Outlook.
- Usage of multiple Outlook accounts on the same device.
- Usage of corrupted Outlook accounts or incorrect Outlook accounts.
Methods to Fix the error code [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab]
1. Slow Internet Connection or Network Issues
Most of the problems faced while accessing your applications on a PC might be due to a network problem. In the case of MS outlook, this has proved true to a great extent. Check for any of the following problems, and fix them.
- Unreliable or slow internet connectivity
- ISP ie. The Internet Service Provider might have blocked the IP Address of Microsoft.
If you find that the Internet connection is slow, and needs to be fixed, then you must contact the ISP to solve the issue. Also, try to restart the router and check if it can help to fix the connection issue.
2. Reinstall and Refresh MS Outlook
Reinstalling your Outlook client can fix the errors and major software failures. If Outlook is crashed, then you can opt for the reinstallation of the application which is the ideal method of fixing the issue.
3. Test if the antivirus version supports MS Outlook
You all might be using various antivirus versions. It is important to cross check whether the antivirus version you use is compatible with the Outlook application installed on your PC.
First, check the antivirus and have an email scan. In email scanning settings, check whether there is any configuration change or any default setting that restricts Outlook and its connectivity with the server. You can manually disable these features or uninstall the antivirus temporarily from the system.
4. Change the server Time-Out period
To establish strong connectivity of the MS Outlook program with the server, you can go for a manual increase of the time span. If less time out period is chosen, the errors usually vanish.
To change these settings, follow the instructions below.
- Open MS Outlook
- Go to files, and click Info
- Choose Account Settings
- Click the POP3 account you target and select Change
- Click More settings in the window that appears
- Navigate to the advanced tab and change the server time out period
5. Deactivate multiple accounts and switch to a single Outlook account
The error can also arise possibly due to the presence of multiple or duplicate Outlook accounts in the same device. Hence it is necessary to check for this possibility and delete it. This error is quite common and usually seen in all diagnostic techniques.
You can figure out if duplicate accounts exist in the Manage Accounts pane in Outlook as shown in the image.
You can also follow the method below to detect and remove multiple accounts.
- Go to Control Panel, click on “Mail”
- In the popup screen, click on “Email Accounts”
- You can now see the Outlook accounts available on your system
- Spot the duplicate or multiple accounts and choose “Remove” against the account you wish to remove.
You may delete all the other unnecessary accounts from your PC and keep only the required ones since these kinds of errors usually pop up due to the multiple accounts managed on the computer.
6. Make use of a Virtual Private Network (VPN) or Proxy Server
There are chances that ISP might have closed down the accessibility to Outlooks servers due to some issues. It can also be due to the place you are located. In such cases, you can utilize the VPN to mitigate this issue.
You may choose the most reliable VPN service to get rid of these issues. Change your IP address and then earn an unblock access for your Outlook. If you are lucky to get access to the proxy service, you can also use proxy IPs to get connected to the servers.
When selecting the right VPN or proxy service, make certain to select a reputable and secure one. It is recommended to choose an expensive VPN subscription rather than free VPNs because they are more insecure and less efficient.
Use the genuine MS Outlook version
It is probably a result of using an incompatible Outlook version in your PC. Hence, you must check if you are running the proper Outlook version on the device and upgrade in case it is not compatible. You can test for compatibility with quick steps as shown below:
- Open Outlook application on the desktop
- In the Help Menu, select Outlook
- Check the Outlook version in the About section
- After you find out the version, Outlook can be checked for compatibility.
Hence, the Outlook version you run on the computer must be compatible with your computer. If this is not compatible, then you should uninstall the application and then reinstall the compatible version again.
Repair PST Corruption with Third-party tools
Sometimes, the PST might be corrupted or seriously damaged, hence you can search for third-party tools to solve these errors and fix the issue. Microsoft has a free utility called Inbox Repair or ScanPST.exe, which is a highly recommended third-party tool.
If the PST files are corrupted, then it is advised to use a third-party tool for repair. These tools can also help you recover the attachments which are inaccessible as well.
- Contact Outlook support team
This is the final method you can go for if none of the above methods work as a solution to your problem. You can directly contact Microsoft Customer support, or more effectively Outlook support team t and seek their help.
They are available round the clock and ready to assist you to quickly solving the issues you face with the application.
Hope this article could give you relevant information regarding the easiest ways to solve and fix the [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] error code in Outlook. The above methods are based on the things that have worked mostly for the Outlook users who faced similar errors. We hope any of these methods can help you to mitigate the error and continue using Outlook without any issues.